Sunday, April 13, 2008

COMMUNION

When I was in 8th grade, my teacher had the following quote up on the wall: “Writing is easy. All you do is sit down at a typewriter and open a vein.”

That quote has always stayed with me, and it inspired this song.




Lyrics:

Here is my blood on the ground for you.
Here are my dreams spun around for you.
Here are my fears and my tears and my lies.
Here is the world as it looks through my eyes.
Nothing too lovely, beloved our wise,
just hopelessly true.
Here is my blood on the ground for you.

Here I am carved on the wall for you.
Nothing of value at all for you.
Here is the face that so few get to see
Here is a taste of the face yet to be
Maybe it’s crazy to set it all free,
but what else can I do?
Here is my blood on the ground for you.

Here is my life on the stage for you.
Here is a line and a page for you.
Here is the body of who I am now.
All that my ego and strength will allow.
Here is the moment--just don’t ask me how
did I know what to do.

All I know is the music inside of my soul
All I know is rhythm too wild to control.
All that I need and I want and I know how to do
is here in this blood
on the ground for you!
.

.
Performed by the composer at the "Girls Night Out" Cabaret.

No comments: