Sunday, April 13, 2008

Forever and Back

I wrote this song for my parents' last wedding anniversary. My freshman year of college, my mom and I would email almost every day, and we would always sign our emails, "to [something silly or really far away like "the stars" or "the end of finals week"] and back. This song is for them.



Lyrics:

(Verse 1)
The moment I saw you,
I felt the stars align.
It must have been destiny
that lead your hand to mine.
A million years may come and go,
but my vow will remain.
You are my tomorrow,
and that will never change.

(Chorus)
I will love you
to forever and back.
To the farthest galaxy.
I could fly to the stars and back,
and you’d still be the only light I see.
And though our lives keep burning by,
and time keeps burning on.
My love, you’ll remain,
my life, my flight, and my song.

(Verse 2)
The stronger we’re growing,
the stranger love may seem.
We live in a world of
so many in-betweens
but I am truly standing here,
as I stood yesterday
For a lifetime of tomorrows,
I will take your hand and say:

(repeat chorus)

(Bridge)
Promises are too often made to be broken.
Words of love are too often left unspoken.
So every day I’m finding ways
to tell you what I know
that holding you is heaven,
and I’ll never let you go!

(repeat chorus)

No comments: