Monday, July 17, 2006

APAG--"Tell Me a Story"

This is the first song of the show. A little girl naned Eleanora asks her mother to tell her a bed-time story....
Mamma, tell me a story.
Can you make it a fairy tale,
can you, mamma, I won't sleep a wink
until you think up another adventure for me.
Mamma, tell me a story.
.
Can it be about a prince?
Can it have a mystery in it?
Can there be a little bit of romance?
Can the people dance in it?
Mamma, please.
.
Mamma, tell me a story.
Mamma, sing me a lullaby.
You remember the one with the king
and the dragon who taught him to fly?
Mamma tell me a story.
Can you make it a scary one?
Like the tale of the world and the whale
and the magic that blackened the sun?
Oh, no, I promise I won't be frightened.
I know it's only pretend.
Mamma, start with a dark and stormy night
and don't stop till we get to the end.
Don't stop till the fairy tale ends.
.
Mamma, tell me a story.
With the people I'm dreaming of
Throw in a stranger whose life is in danger
and someone to fall into love.
Mamma tell me a story.
One that's never been told before
Please put me in it, and when you begin it
I'll help you to think of some more.
I know it will be exciting
I love to help you pretend
Mamma, start with Once upon a time
and don't stop till we get to the end.
I'll stay up till we get to the end.
.
Mother: spoken Oh, so YOU want to be in the story tonight? Very well... Hmm, let me think...
Once upon a time,in a faraway kingdom,
there lived a beautiful girl named Eleanora
who pestered her mother every night for a fairy tale before she went to sleep.
.
Little Eleanora: Mamma, that's not very exciting. That's boring. Something has to happen to the little girl. Something sad, maybe. So sad that she has to go off away from her home and have adventures and fall in love and save the kingdom.
.
Mother: Hush, now, I was just getting to the sad part.
.
Little Eleanora: Well, get there faster!
.
Mother: Who's telling this story, you or me? As I was saying, in this faraway kingdom, there was a beautiful young girl named Eleanora, who pestered and pestered her mother for a sad, exciting, and romantic fairy tale every night before she went to sleep.
.
Little Eleanora: Go on.
.
Mother: The little girl was very lucky, because her mother was the most exciting, romantic, and tragic story teller in the whole kingdom.
.
Little Eleanora: Well, of course she was!
.
Mother: Quiet, child. Every night until the little girl's 5th birthday, the little girl, her mother, and her father would sit around the fire and listen to mother's stories.
.
Little Eleanora: What happened on the little girl's birthday?
.
Mother: Instead of a story, Mother had a special announcement. An announcement that made the family very happy: she was going to have a baby. Father and Eleanora hoped it would be a boy, and mother loved them both so much, she hoped whatever it was that would make Eleanora and her father happy. Everyone was excited for the baby to come.

No comments: