Sunday, July 16, 2006

"I Want My Life to Have a Soundtrack"

(total charm song....the verses are kind of patter sing-songy and the chorus is swing!)
.
I'm one of those people who sings in the shower, the car, and the bar, and the street.
It's like there's a choir in my head and a whole flock of goose-stepping guys in my feet.
At times irritating, I'm stuck calmly waiting for baiting the hook and the line
So to reel in the feelin of life so appealin and so inescapably mine....
It's time for an external manifestation of all of the sounds in my skull.
There's only one thing that I need to make life incomparably lovely and full...
.
I want my life to have a soundtrack.
I wanna be followed by an instrumental entourage.
Everywhere that I go, be the star of the show. and you know...I'm gonna have a happy ending.
I wanna sing everything with an orchestral underscore.
I want a streetful of people who randomly burst into song!
I want it picture perfect and cinema sweet,
Wanna walk down the street and be tapping my feet
with a world of happy people always happy to sing along!.

.
You might think that I'm kind of crazy... to wish for this the way that I do (do do doo!)
It's only a dream that I've had since before I knew dreams only rarely come true.
Now dare I admit that there's one little bit I neglected to mention before.
I long for the street, and the folks, and the feet, but how sweet to get just one thing more!
Someday I'll see someone out there who is marching to beats from his/her on special drum,
And we'll fall in step, and the music will swell, and you'll see all the people are singing and dancing and danceing and singing and laughing and loving as well!
.
Cause I want my life to have a soundtrack!
And I want it blaring out from everything and every one.
With the rhythm and sound all around it's so sweet that I found...
someone to dance along beside me!
I wanna sing everything with an orchestral underscore.
I wanna streetful of people who randomly burst into choreography and song!
I want it picture perfect and cinema sweet,
wanna walk down the street and be tapping my feet
in a world of happy people always happy to sing along!
Happy, happy, happy.... to sing along!

No comments: