Monday, July 17, 2006

"I Wish"

I watched the door as it stumbled closed,
and I think I heard you sigh on the other side.
A single star in the window frame froze,
and the room aches from the space you left behind....



I wish that I could wish myself in love with you,
And spend myself a lifetime in your eyes.
I wish that I'd want nothing more
than you to end each day.
And wish that after "I love you"
there'd be no more to say.
I would live forever ever so contented, warm, and true
if I could only wish myself in love with you.
.
I dream of one day dreaming of no one but you,
then opening my eyes to see you there.
By candlelight or sunlight,
I could never search for more.
If only you could be the only light
I'm searching for.
And if only I dreamed simple dreams like other people do,
I'd dream that I could only dream of loving you.
.
You are everything my mind knows that my heart would ever need.
How lovely life would be...
if only mind and heart agreed...
.
I wish that I could dream myself away from you,
the leave you safely whole and far behind.
I wish for someone kind
to be the love I never will
and that you'll know that, though I'm gone,
I'm dreaming of you still
And wishing that a cross-eyed star somewhere
would dare undo
the mess I've made of love and life..
by never loving you.

3 comments:

Kate Miller said...

OK, I really like this one, "My Father's Son" and the cute little girl opener "Tell me a fairy tale" one (I don't remember the name, it won't show it on this page). Those are my votes, so there you go. Leave facebook messages to Matthew, Joe K., Chris, Ashley Rae Kobza, Shauna, and Sarah Schreiter to get their opinions, too, they'd totally tell you. Love you, you talented sister, you!

Anonymous said...

Always my favorite!!!!

Anonymous said...

Always my favorite!!!!

Follow Katie's advice and ask all those people. Plus your family, don't forget. And follow your heart and head and send in the ones you like the best, because they're all pretty good. Who knows what they're looking for? I think the fat girlfriend show would be a unique idea and LOTS of girls can relate, so be sure to send at least one from that show, even thought I don't always like the language. :>)