Monday, July 17, 2006

"Jericho"

Jericho



Lyrics:

You are an ivory tower, scratching the sky,
Daring the clouds to cross you,
holding your head high.
You die a little more each day
that you keep the world away.
You're beautiful, and dangerous, and too steep to climb.
.
(Chorus)
When will your walls come down, Jericho?
I will blow my trumpet, I will sing my song,
I will circle you every day.
I will stay. I will wait. I will keep my lanterns lit.
And I'll sit beneath your crumbling gate for the love of it.
And I pray one day you'll see me through your fear.
So when you finally find your defenses failing, Jericho,
In the rubble of your walls:
find me here,
find me here.
.
.
I offer nothing but two eyes open wide to see
All of the things you are that you hide so selfishly.
I'll be no less or more than you tell me you're ready for.
I'll cover you, discover you, and get stronger with time.
.
But, when will your walls come down...
(Repeat Chorus)

.
You've never been one to surrender.
Why expect you to start now?
But still I can't help wishing
that I could be the one to show you how.
.
(Repeat Chorus)
.

.
As sung by the amazing Megan O'Connell at the "Girls Night Out" Cabaret

No comments: